Signs you're back in your small hometown... all which have happened to me in the past week:
1. Every third interview you do with the TV station knows your mom. (I'll leave the reason why to your imagination...)
2. You go to cover a 6 car accident and find yourself chatting with one of the drivers-- you played softball with her daughter.
3. You hop into the bank ATM line-up and see your mom at the machine in front of you. When you say hi, you realize your sister's in line at the teller.
4. You go see the annual Shakespeare play in the park and recognize both Hamlet and Ophelia from your grad class.
5. While sitting on the patio at BP downtown, one of your old high school teachers walks by... with one of your classmates on his arm. And her belly is starting to show.
4 days ago