Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A heartening welcome

Day One of my CBC Toronto internship.

I walk into the senior editor’s office, slightly drained from the morning’s Dalet Plus training session.

“Hey Meg,” says Dave, “how was the morning?” He points to a man sitting on the couch next to his desk. “Have you met Brent? This is Brent Bambury, the show’s host. Brent, this is Meg, our summer intern.”

Brent is reclining into the armrest, appearing completely at ease in a t-shirt, jeans and a pair of red Chucks. He has a disposable camera in his hands.

“Hi Meg,” Brent says casually, waving the camera as a hello. “I’m taking photos of people eating today. So, if you don’t want an awkward and unflattering picture of you shoving something into your mouth, I wouldn’t eat anything around here.”

I think I’m going to enjoy myself at GO.

No comments:

Post a Comment